- Last Updated on Friday, 17 April 2015 15:18
The Westchester County Archives was established in 1985 and collects only those records which have been created by the county government or by persons closely associated with the county government.
The holdings of the Westchester County Archives include:
Over 300 series of records. Select an option below for more information about these records. These series descriptions include the volume of the records, how they are arranged (e.g., chronologically, alphabetically), if an index exists, and the subjects covered. Also included for many of the series is the box and folder listing for the collection. These lists detail the exact folder titles found in the collection and in some cases can give an indication of the volume of records devoted to a specific subject. If a box and folder list is not available online for a particular series it means that the records are arranged in a strictly chronological or alphabetical order and no additional information about them is available in the box and folder list.
- Subject Index - An alphabetical listing of all the collection titles. Start here if you do not know who created the record.
- Chronological Series Index - This index breaks down our collections by date. For example, if you are looking for 17th century records in general, this would also be a good place to start.
- Record Groups - Collections and their descriptions are arranged alphabetically by the county department that created them.
- Series Number Listings - A sequential listing of all the series (Please note, series numbers are assigned to collections solely on the basis of when they are accessioned into the Archives, so this index is only useful if the series number is already known).
Over 60,000 prints, negatives, lantern slides and other images dating from 1909 to the present, organized into ten Photographic Collections.