The Westchester County Archives houses an extensive collection of maps and building plans -- over 75,000 items -- dating from 1766 to the present. An item index of much of this collection is available through the Archives' in-house database, as well as other paper-based finding aids. Digital images are already available for some items in this collection, and high-quality scans can be produced for most other items if necessary. Price information for map reproduction is available upon request.
The Maps and Plans collection at the Westchester County Archives includes the following types of materials (dates are approximate):
- Property maps (1766-present) filed in the County Clerk's Office offer information regarding municipal boundaries, sub-divisions and, in some cases, individual properties. An index to these maps is available online at the Westchester County Clerk's Web site (A fee must be paid to view them online; however, they can be viewed for free in person at the Archives).
- Parks and parkways maps (1914-present) include land-taking maps used in parkway construction and detailed maps of many parks. The Bronx Parkway Commission Maps have been scanned and are available online.
- Atlases (1867-1953) of Westchester County, including some insurance atlases. The pages from an 1867 atlas, 1881 atlas, 1901 atlas and 1930 atlas are all available online. See Westchester County Atlases Collection (Series 315) and Sanborn Maps and Atlases Collection (Series 316) for more information about atlases that are available at the Archives.
- Historic building plans of many county buildings, including Playland amusement rides and facilities, the County Office Building, various courthouses, the Grasslands Hospital complex, bridges of the Bronx River Parkway, and others (Note: some access restrictions may apply).
- Planning Department maps (Series 312) depicting themes in Westchester County’s growth and development through map studies on land use, population distribution, transportation routes, for both the county as a whole and local municipalities.
Some of these maps have been cataloged in our online Digital Collections: County Clerk Historical Maps